What better way to start off 2018 than with a super-food packed smoothie bowl?
Turmeric is a nutritional powerhouse, and a must have in your daily routine. The antioxidant-rich powder can easily be added to smoothies, lattes, soups, and juices for an extra boost of nutrients and flavour. Not to mention, it’s fantastic yellow colour works wonderfully as a natural food colouring.
Some Incredible Health Benefits of Turmeric Include;
- Strong Medicinal Components
- Powerful Antioxidant
- Natural Anti-inflammatory
- Cancer Preventative Properties
This Creamy Turmeric Smoothie bowl is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants; the perfect breakfast for a healthy start to the new year.
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder of choice (my favourite Vegan protein is Leanfit’s Complete Green Protein. For a Paleo option, I recommend Julian Bakery’s Egg White Protein.
- 1 Frozen Banana (cut into chunks)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 6-8 Ice Cubes
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- Optional – 1 Tsp ginger
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor
Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, or until thick and creamy
Top with goodies of choice! I added unsweetened shredded coconut and dairy free chocolate chips ❤